Friday, July 1, 2011

My Best Transaction Yet!!

After a week away in BC visiting friends and family, I was itching to get back to getting some awesome deals! I did manage to score some awesome finds while in BC helping with my sister in laws garage sale benefiting the Canadian Marfans Association ( I will post my finds in a later installment).  I had a couple of coupons that were expiring yesterday, and I have a really hard wasting the savings, especially when the coupons will enable me to pay nothing for my purchases! I headed to my favorite London Drugs to do some stacking and here's what I got:

  •  2 x Similac Infant formula Regular $28.99 each on sale for $26.99 each less 5 x $5 off coupons, 2 x $10  similac cheques, 2 x $5 similac cheques = FREE Saved $57.98
  • 2 x Pampers Swaddlers Mega packs Regular $18.99ech price matched 1 bag to Sobeys for $14.99 each less $32 in coupons ( can't remember exactly which ones) = $1.98 Saved $36
  • the diaper coupons required me to purchase wipes as well, so I grabbed the travel wipes @ $2.99 each less $1 coupon = $4.98 Saved $1
  • 2 x Lysol no touch hand soap system @ $14.99 each less 4x $5 off = $9.98 Saved $20
With the Lysol soap systems I also have two mail in rebate forms for a free system.  What this means is that even though I only paid $4.99 each for them I will receive a cheque from the company for for the full price of the item, meaning that I will MAKE $10 on each item!!!!

Total Purchase $138.52
Total Paid $ $19.42
However I will be receiving $29.98 back from Lysol so I actually made $10.56 on this transaction!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad they are paying you for the Lysol soap dispensers, cuz I wouldn't pay to get them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get the point of no touch dispensers. Yes the pump could be germy, but you touch the pump only to get soap, then you wash your hands with said soap!!!!! but if they were free.... I'd take them.

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I abosolutley would not have purchased these items had I not been paid to do it, as I also think that they are an unnessacary item, that being said, they are pretty cool ;)

    ReplyDelete