Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Back to the world of SAVING!!!


Can you believe it is the end of July already? We have been busy, and between a huge family camping trip(25 people) and a wedding out of town I have still managed to fit couponing into the mix.  On our recent camping trip my cousin and I got out our coupon binders out and did some trading, and I was able to take part in this months coupon train. I snagged some great coupons in both instances.  Coupon trading is a great way to get coupons that you will use while trading away those that others want.  This is the premis of the coupon train, and I highly recommend becoming part of one in your area.  It goes like this, people sign up to "ride the train" and a list is made of who will be participating.  The train ( collection of coupons ) is passed from person to person and each person takes the coupons that they want and leaves coupons that may be of use to others.  I get many stackable coupons that that I can use at London drugs trading coupons with others.  Here is what got on my trip to London drugs today :

  • 2 x Pampers Mega pack regular $18.99 each onsale 2 for $26.99. My coupons stated that I must also purchase wipes
    2 x pampers travel size wipes @ $2.99 each = $6 I then had 2 x $15 in stacked coupons for diapers and wipes as well as $2.50 in stacked coupons for wipes = $.47 Saved $37.51
  • 2 x Pampers Mega pack regular $18.99 each onsale 2 for $26.99.
    My coupons stated that I must also purchase wipes
    2 x pampers travel size wipes @ $2.99 each = $6 I then had 2 x $13 in stacked coupons for diapers and wipes as well as $3 in stacked coupons for wipes = $3.97 Saved $34.01
  • 1 x Enfamil formula Regular $28.99 price matched to Superstore $24.99 less $19 in stacked coupons = $5.99 Saved $23
  • 1 x Similac Formula Regular $28.99 price matched to Superstore $24.99 less $25 in stacked coupons = FREE Saved $28.99
  • 2 x Similac Formula Regular $28.99 onsale for $26.99 less 2 x $25 in stacked coupons =  $3.98 Saved $54.00
  • 4 x Tide Laundry Detergent Regular $8.99 each onsale for $5.99 each less 2 x $10 in stacked coupons. This should have cost me $3.96, however upon further inspection of my reciept it became apparent that the cashier did not ring in the second two detergents, but did ring in the second set of coupons so I cam out with an overage of +$8.02
Total purchased: $251.83
Total Paid: $10.29 Should have been $18.31

    6 comments:

    1. WOW that's awesome! How do you manage to stack diaper coupons though? Mine all say 'the use of more than one manufacturer coupon is prohibited' or something like that. I took that to mean that I could only use one. I have tons of coupons for them though so would LOVE to stack them!

      ReplyDelete
    2. so did you go back and pay for the extra 2 detergents? i hope so!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Kylie: The London Drugs that I go to is not very picky about coupon wording, so you will have to try and see at your local LD :) I have heard that LD's in BC are more picky and aware of wording changes, but it's worth a try if you will beable to get FREE DIAPERS!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh that makes sense! I don't think I'd get away with it here since they read the coupons very carefully. I go to customer service though when stacking, so maybe I should try just going to a regular teller and see what happens! I have a ton of diaper coupons with different codes, would make my day to be able to do it!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. You should have went back to pay for the diapers that you didn't get charged for since you know that you were supposed to pay for them.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Anonymous, it was laundry detergent that I was not charged for, and I did pay for them on a subsequent trip :)

      ReplyDelete